Alumnae News was first published in January, 1912, by the Alumnae Association of the State Normal and Industrial College (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro). Julia Dameron was the first Literary Editor. In July, 1964, shortly after UNCG became a coeducational institution, the name was changed to Alumni News to reflect the new composition of the student body.
The magazine ceased publication with the Spring, 1998, issue and was merged with another publication, UNCG Graduate, creating UNCG Magazine which is still published today.
All issues of Alumnae News and Alumni News from 1912 to 1998 are now available in this online archive. Newer issues of UNCG Magazine will be added in the coming months and on an ongoing basis.
Browse all issues
Browse by date:
More about this project